Toothaches can be caused due to various reasons like cavities, gum infections, or other sensitive areas in the tooth getting inflamed. These occur is sensitive affected areas of the mouth and can be extremely painful to endure. If you are having unbearable toothaches, a dentist would be the right person to consult to see if there’s a serious issue in your teeth. For other ways on how to get rid of a toothache, read the tips below.
1. For immediate relief, take a painkiller such as aspirin. Toothaches can cause hindrance in eating or talking and the pain may not even let you sleep sometimes. Thus, painkillers are suggested. Specific medicines are painkillers for toothaches amongst which ansaid is popularly recommended. Until you find out what is causing the pain by consulting a dentist, a painkiller can help in diminishing the pain. Moreover, some gels are readily available at pharmacies to numb the gum and tooth. These can provide relief for a few hours.
2. Placing a cold compress or ice cubes wrapped in a towel at the cheek area where the tooth is aching will reduce the pain. Massaging ice at the nerves that are troubling you will relieve them quickly.
3. Toothaches can be avoided to a large extent by cleaning the mouth properly. Brush the area, not with force, but thoroughly for two to three minutes. Floss your teeth back and forth to get rid of any food particles stuck in them. Furthermore, use a mouthwash and rinse your mouth. Do not be sluggish and follow the routine of brushing your teeth properly twice a day, especially focusing on the area that aches. This is the best strategy to keep your toothache go away only if too much damage has not been done yet.
4. Gargling warm water can also help with tooth ache. Add salt to warm water and rinse your mouth with it. This will help end any mild infection in the gums or tooth. You can keep gargling till the pain lessens.
5. Applying lemon juice on the teeth can help relax the pain as well. It will also remove bacteria or any infection that is causing the pain.
6. Application of clove oil is another simple home remedy to save yourself from the extreme toothache. Take a few drops of it on a cotton ball and gently rub them on and around the teeth that is causing trouble. Repeat five times daily until the pain subsides.
7. The tea bag strategy is also a commonly suggested remedy on how to get rid of a toothache. Warm a mug with water and tea bag in the microwave for a few seconds. After squeezing the tea bag, place it in the mouth where the toothache is causing pain. Bite the tea bag in order to reduce the swelling and reduce the pain.
8. Chewing a mixture of minced garlic and salt and placing it at the sore area in your mouth will relieve the toothache soon.