Skin itching can sometimes be minor and at others be a very big menace. It can be the result of any of the following factors :
- Mosquito/ insect bite
- Skin diseases
- Medication or creams on skin
- Excessive dryness
Tips To Get Rid Of Itching Skin:
No matter what the cause, we all know how frustrating itching skin is. Who would not want to know how to get rid of itching? Read through the following tips to help you through your itching problem.
- You can prevent itchiness by keeping your skin clean. Bath twice a day and do not use too much soap especially on your face. Also do not shower in hot water because it removes oil from your skin and dries it. Shower in lukewarm water.
- Moisturize your skin with baby oil on a regular basis essentially when your skin is generally dry or you live in a dry climate. These factors cause itchy skin on and off. Thus, use a lot of moisturizer on the whole of your body before going to sleep. It makes dry and itchy skin soft and moist while you are asleep. Doing this will reduce the permanent dryness of your skin and end the itchiness.
- Applying coconut oil is also known to be a good itch-relieving method. Rubbing it over your itching skin, may at first, increase the rash and inflammation because it causes the toxins to come out of skin. Eventually, it is very effective in healing itchy skin areas.
- A paste of baking soda and water can be made easily at home and applied over the skin. Rinse with lukewarm water after twenty minutes. This is a popular means of reducing any sort of itchiness, irritation, redness or swellings on the skin. It is very effective on insect bites.
- Take an oatmeal bath especially if itchiness is occurring all over the body. This can be useful in case of allergies or other skin diseases like poison ivy. Grind oatmeal and mix it in your warm bath water and soak yourself in it for half hour. Some physicians suggest the addition of milk to the water as well. The oatmeal remedy works wonders in relieving the skin from itching.
- Epsom salts added to water is also a recommended method. Soaking affected skin in this solution pulls out the toxins in the skin and provides relief from irritation. People who have skin diseases which cause severe itching should bath in this mixture for relaxation.
- Aloe vera flesh can be rubbed on the itching skin. It is a valuable natural herb that helps in healing burns, inflammation and irritation of skin.
- Soak a small piece of cloth or towel in cool water and apply it to the itching skin area as a cold-compress. The itchiness and irritation on the skin is soothed in a matter of a few minutes.
- Application of peppermint oil is a recommendation as well because the menthol mint is naturally soothing and acts as an anti-inflammatory causing the itch to diminish and the skin to relax.