Last Updated on April 12, 2015
Zit commonly known as pimple or a spot is a form of acne. Most of the people face the appearance of zits at the time of puberty. Zits are experienced by people ranging from teenager to old age persons regardless of sex, age or colour. Zits can appear mostly on face, shoulders back and chest areas of the body. You need to know what form zits? Our body has layer of sebaceous glands called oil glands under the hair follicle inside our skin. A kind of oil or wax called sebum is secreted by these glands that come out on our skin surface through tiny pores. Our skin gets rid of dead cells on its surface every month. Some of these cells left behind and get mixed up with the sebum. This eventually blocks the pore and forms a zit on the skin. This is a very annoying situation when a number of them appear on your face leading to inflammation and finally spots.
There are a lot of things that can cause the formation of zits. They are hormonal imbalance, oily food diet, pollution, not enough cleansing, not adequate sleep and stress.
Kinds of zits:
Blackheads: They are black coloured acne on the skin. You should not scrub them as it only irritates the skin and their chances of reaching to other areas increases.
Whiteheads: They do not appear on the surface but are under the skin as a small flesh coloured spot.
Papules and pustules: They are pimples like small round bumps on the skin. Some of them have pus inside them and appears on the top of the zit.
Cysts: These pimples are full of pus and are painful. They can end up in scars.
Helpful Remedies for zits
1. Wash your face twice a day with a facial wash that has acne preventing properties.
2. Wash your hair regularly as oil and grease from scalp cause zits as it spreads down on your face.
3. Use a toner with a cotton ball to wipe away dirt and excess oil from your skin. Rose water is a perfect and effective toner.
4. Apply medicated creams especially for zits before going to bed to heal them. It will take few or several days to get rid of zits completely.
5. Never rub or touch your face that have zits and pimples as by doing this you can irritate them and it increases the risk of infection and zits will increase in number.
6. It is not advisable to put on makeup when you have zits on your face. Some people try to cover zits with makeup. This will clog it more and the zit may become big in size causing pain and inflammation.
7. Drinking a lot of water will keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
8. Don’t bath with hot waters. Cold water in shower is a wise option.
9. Kitchen products like oatmeal, yogurt, honey and milk can be applied on the skin infected with zits and pimples to cure them. They cleanse the skin in a natural way.
10. Never squeeze or pinch zits as it will increase swelling, sometime allowing bleeding that will just make the pimple worse and will take more time to heal leaving behind a horrible scar.